Oil & gas
Creating and sustaining competitive advantage through the effective application of technology and its capabilities – your answer to meeting increasing levels of global energy demand?
The Oil & gas industry is facing increased complexity and challenges to maintain a competitive edge. These challenges are:
- Globalised business models coupled with a volatile wholesale market and increased regulatory and political scrutiny
- Increasing operational costs and a requirement to improve operational safety whilst optimising production
- Requirements to manage information, people and assets to drive operational improvements
- Requirements for demonstrable environmental strategies
These challenges are faced across the entire energy value chain. The strategic application of IT can help the Oil & gas industry to successfully meet these challenges by enabling the operational flexibility and efficiency required to remain competitive in a dynamic market. An effective IT strategy can deliver a range of benefits, including:
- The collection, transmission and analysis of real time data across the energy value chain
- The ability to operate successfully in geographically challenging environments
- Improved collaboration between globally disparate teams
- Efficient asset and plant performance
- Improvements in commodity trading platforms and related IT
Oil & gas companies are mature users of IT but still require practical, relevant and implementable strategies to realise these benefits and to enable them to take full advantage of emerging technologies, services and delivery models.
Wavestone understands the challenges faced and, through our specialism and expertise in this vital area, can help Oil & gas companies to identify and leverage the strategic and commercial benefits of IT investment.
Wavestone is an Achilles UVDB registered supplier.