Smart Grid, micro-generation, demanding regulations – is your IT ready for the industry challenges facing your business?
The utilities industry is facing significant change as a result of the following regulatory and business challenges:
- Decarbonisation: adoption of carbon emission targets, renewable energy and shifts from fossil fuel
- Security of supply: sustainable and secure provision of energy and water in the face of a changing climate and expanding population
- Affordability: regulatory changes including customer focus, licensing and scrutiny
- Regulation: regulatory driven pricing and investment reforms such as RIIO, AMP6 and PR14
The strategic application of IT is integral for utilities to successfully overcome these challenges.
Utilities are mature users of IT but still require practical, relevant and implementable strategies to enable them to take full advantage of technologies, services and delivery models.
Utility run Future Network initiatives, be they within the electricity, gas, or water industry, are driving a need for:
- increased operational intelligence
- improved infrastructure efficiency
- improved demand management
These initiatives in turn are increasing demand for:
- real-time, system-wide visibility, control and automated resolution
- intelligent collection and analysis of asset, network, customer and external data
- greater convergence of enterprise and operational domains.
The successful realisation of these initiatives is dependent on the effective use of IT. We work with firms across the utility market place from energy generation, retail, distribution and transmission to water supply and waste disposal, to help our clients:
- Develop IT strategy
- Scope and define business and technology requirements
- Reduce costs through strategic sourcing
- Address regulatory challenges through the strategic deployment of IT
- Deliver benefits in our focus area of IT
Wavestone is an Achilles UVDB registered supplier.